Cell (604) 727-5385 | graham@grahamhiggins.com

  Mortgage Calculator

Calculate Your Payments

  Buyer Resources

Best Real Estate Advice

  Seller Resources

Selling For Top Dollar

  Mobile Listings

Search Anywhere Always

  Here To Help You

You Can Contact Me Always


So your Property Tax assessment is here!

Tax assessments are just that, assessments of value done by someone who has probably never seen the home and is going by average increases or decreases of homes sold in the area. The do not take into account updates that may have improved your homes value or conversely the updates the homes that sold had done that improved the value of those homes but not yours.

Remember this is the value estimated on July 1st 2012 so it is already 6 months behind so the actual value may have gone up or down since then.

You can appeal this assessment, but do it fast as you are only allowed a few days after the assessment in issued.

These are really just an estimate of your homes value and do not in reality have any effect on the sale value of you home the only true test is by selling the home, the price a buyer is the only true value you can assign to your home, soon to be theirs! 


No comments

Post Your Comment:

* indicates required fields.
Your Name: *
Your email will not be published
Your Email: *
Comment: *
Please type the text as it appears above:
Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Greater Vancouver REALTORS® (GVR), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB.